Summer ASES is returning to Black Mountain! We have lots of fun enrichment activities and field trips planned!
We will offer two sessions of Summer ASES: Session I: June 15th - 30th
and Session II: August 3rd - 14th
. Registration for all PUSD ASES families has been delayed until further notice. Please complete this survey to be first to be notified when plans are finalized.
will be held in the ASES MPR Office at Black Mountain Middle School beginning on Monday, April 6th from 3:30pm - 5:30pm and will continue until all spaces are filled.
Historically, there has been an overwhelming response for our Summer Program and the interest level far exceeds the number of spots available. In order to be fair to all, we will offer acceptance to the Summer Program on a first-come, first-served basis.
Guidelines to Summer Program Admittance:
- Students seeking participation in the Poway Unified School District (PUSD) Summer ASES Program must be current PUSD ASES enrollees.
- The PUSD Summer ASES Program is open to all PUSD ASES students in good standing for attendance (90% or better) and behavior (no more than one citation) at their originating ASES school.
- Rising 6th graders will automatically be waitlisted as those families still have access to ESS. The exception will be those rising 6th graders with a current ASES sibling in good standing at his/her originating ASES program if the sibling is also enrolled in the Summer Program.
- Rising 9th graders are not eligible to participate in ASES programs.
- Families needing full-day care will receive priority as this need meets the true intent of our grant. Families needing partial-day care will be waitlisted.
Please be aware that there is an attendance requirement
for the PUSD Summer ASES Program. The fees for the summer sessions are greatly subsidized by our grant which only pays our program when your student attends. Therefore, we ask that families with planned vacations or situations/activities that would prevent their student's daily attendance seek alternate programs.
- Session I: June 15th - 30th
- Session II: August 3rd - 14th
- Session I: $250
- Session II: $250
- Full payment is due at the time of registration via cash, VISA/MC or check payable to PUSD.
- Full Day: 7am - 6pm (Breakfast served until 8:30am)
Summer Academy (August 3rd - 12th) will also be supported by ASES. We will offer services from Academy dismissal time until 6:00pm. Registration will be offered beginning Monday, June 1st from 3:30pm - 5:30pm and days following until we are at capacity. Fees to be determined once BMMS Administration determines Summer Academy hours.