An ear to lend when you need to talk things out that are going on in YOUR LIFE. We care! Come to the Counseling Office to be matched with a caring Peer Counselor.
"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." --Margaret Mead
Become a Peer Counselor
- Peer Counselors meet every Wednesday morning at 6:30 a.m. in room K-1. They also meet during homeroom on Mondays and Fridays.
- Mindy Karp is the advisor.
- Peer Counselors attend two training retreats per year: one before school begins in August and one during Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend.
- Peer Counselors help with: working in the Student Services Office; volunteering in the community; being mentors for younger students; giving "kudos" to teachers; organizing special weeks on campus such as suicide prevention, eating disorders awareness, drug/alcohol prevention; working at special nights such as Back-to-School Night, College Night, Financial Aid Night and many other things on campus that promote peace and happiness.
- The application time frame is in the three weeks leading up to Thanksgiving break
- For students interested in learning counseling skills, there is an additional class that meets on Wednesday mornings at 6:30 a.m. in the Titan Center with Ms. Lockie. No application is needed for this class. These classes begin the second week of every trimester and earn 5.5 period credits.
For more information contact Sherry Lockie - email@example.com
Advisor - Mindy Karp - firstname.lastname@example.org
Any student who has a 2.0 gpa may apply for Peer Counseling in the month of November
to start in January of the following year.
For applications, click on the links below.
Please read The Program Description
2. Please read The Ethics of PC
3. Fill out the application: New Peer Counseling Application (Google Doc)
4. If #3 isn't working, email email@example.com
5. Complete and submit the application no later than November 15th
. You will be contacted if selected for an interview.
Fill out the application: Returning PC Application (Google Doc)
ill out the application: PC Officer Application (Google Doc)
NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.