|AP English Lit
|| Read each of the following:
- The American Dream by Edward Albee
- Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller (if you have already read this in a previous class, please instead read A Long Day's Journey into Night by Eugene O'Neil)
- stories from the Old Testament: Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel, Abraham, Moses, David and Goliath, Sampson, Job, Joshua, Joseph, Daniel, Solomon
- stories from the New Testament: the birth of Jesus, the Loaves and Fishes, Lazarus, the Last Supper, the Garden of Gethsemane, the Passion and Crucifixion of Jesus, the Resurrection
(note on the Bible stories: you may read either the text in any translation or a summary version of the stories, but make sure you are familiar with the plot and characters of each story)
- CHOOSE ONE: The Stranger by Albert Camus OR Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder
- any collection of poetry
There is no written work due at the beginning of the term; however, be prepared to write in-class essays based on the summer reading during the first few weeks of class.
The library has some of the necessary materials for checkout. Come see Mr. Dato or Ms. Potts if you would like to check the books out over the summer.