Mt. Carmel school code: 2UPSG8
Students who are interested in trying out for a sport are required to complete a Ticket to Play each school year AND obtain a pre-participation Sports Physical from a licensed practicioner.
Starting June 2020, the athletic department has transitioned to an online system called DragonFly MAX to reduce paper and streamline our Ticket to Play completion and approval process.
The Ticket to Play process is required to be done once each school year (not each sport season).
To complete your Ticket to Play
- Complete all Ticket to Play forms electronically through Dragonfly MAX.
- Create a free account: Parents should use a computer to create an account with parent email, create a profile for their student(s), then click on the semi-circle at the bottom of the athlete's profile under "Prep for 2020-21" to complete required forms.
► The only forms that you will need to upload within DragonFly are a completed and signed Medical History Form and a Sports Physical Exam Form.
You will fill out all other forms electronically.
► Note: When the parent/athlete portion of electronic forms are completed, the athlete's profile will show 86%. The other 14% will be completed by the athletic department after all forms have been reviewed.
We have created a step by step instruction sheet to help you through the online Ticket
to Play process. Please refer to this guide prior to contacting the athletic department with questions. Click here to view the walkthough: DRAGONFLY INSTRUCTION HANDOUT
- Visit a medical professional for a Pre-Participation Physical Exam. This can be done with a Physician (MD/DO), Physician’s Assistant (PA), Nurse Practitioner (NP), or Chiropractor (DC) licensed in the state of CA. All students planning to try out for any sport will be required to obtain a Sports Physical. We realize that it may be difficult to get an appointment during this time. If you are unable to visit your child's primary care physican, please try one of these local area physicians that may be able to assist.
Take these forms with you to your exam: Pre-Participation Medical History & Physical Forms
Page one should be completed and signed by parent/athlete.
Page two is for the health care provider to complete and sign.
- Completed and signed Medical History and Physical Exam forms can be uploaded to DragonFly (you are no longer required to turn in a hard copy to the Athletics office). You must upload Medical History AND pre-Participation Physical Exam forms that are signed/stamped/dated by healthcare provider. This must be done before the deadline for your sport season (see time frames below). If you are unable to upload these documents, please submit the original hard copies to the Athletics office.
- Once you have completed all electronic forms and we have reviewed them, we will manually clear your student for tryouts and you will see a green circle that says "READY!" on your student's DragonFly profile. Your student is NOT cleared for tryouts if this is not the case.
If these steps are not completed - No try outs. No exceptions!
→ Transfer students are considered students who have attended another high school prior to becoming a student at Mt. Carmel High School. Transfer students must speak with the Athletic Director or Athletic Assistant prior to being added to any team roster. We will assist you in completing any necessary CIF eligibility paperwork that is required before your student can compete in his/her sport.
2020-21 Submission Deadlines for Ticket to Play Paperwork
With the updated CIF calendars for 2020-21, Ticket to Play deadlines for ALL athletes will be December 1, 2020.
Failure to complete DragonFly MAX electronic paperwork and upload Medical History and Physical Exam forms may delay and/or prohibit the athlete from trying out.
Check your student's status in Dragonfly
You can log in to DragonFly Max as often as you'd like to update important information, check the paperwork clearance status of your athlete, and check injury information throughout the season.
Contact the Athletic Trainer (AT) if your child has an injury you are concerned about.
Get the Dragonfly MAX Mobile App
Download the mobile app and allow notifications!
The Athletic Trainer and coaches may use this to send messages, update injury/treatment status, etc.
→ Physicals are valid for 12 months from the date of exam and must not expire during your sport season, including post-season playoffs.
→ If the student is transferring from another school, parents should ask for the athlete's physical from that school and upload into DragonFly MAX.
→ The Ticket to Play process/paperwork must be completed each school year.
→ If you believe your student's physical was completed and submitted during the previous school year and will cover their entire sport season during this school year
, contact the athletic office at email@example.com
→ If you do not have access to a computer or printer at home, contact the athletic office.
DragonFly MAX Info
About DragonFly Athletics
DragonFly MAX Security
HIPAA and FERPA compliant