Mt. Carmel Athletics
Please check our "Athletic News" section below for important information. We are updating this regularly throughout the school closure to keep athletes and families informed. Coaches and Foundation representatives will also share pertinent information when available.
THE SUNDEVIL WAY
#1 - Engage in positive relationships between student-athletes, coaches, and parents.
#2 - Engage in experiences that allow for student-athletes to develop and
demonstrate leadership qualities/skills.
#3 - Engage in learning and skill development that supports all student-athletes in fulfilling their potential.
Each of our head coaches will lead their team of student-athletes, assistant coaches, and parents towards reaching these goals. As a start, each of our head coaches is in the process of creating a purpose statement to be shared with their team. As our coaches start to publish their statements, check back to our "Coaches" page to read why they coach!
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3109
Athletic Director's Letter
"I LEAD exhibiting work ethic, commitment, empathy, and integrity to promote education-based athletics as a human development experience by connecting young people with well supported adults who are motivated to have a positive impact on their athletes'
Athletic Trainer, Diane Lawrance
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3154
"I am an athletic trainer to serve student-athletes both on and off the field, to motivate athletes to be proactive in regards to their overall health, and to demonstrate that through hard work, dedication, and perseverance they can overcome any obstacle."
AD's Assistant, Emily Comstock
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3110
FRESHMAN FOOTBALL 2020 - PARENT INFO MEETING
- If you have an incoming 9th grader that is planning to play Football, please join Head Freshman Coach Sanford Carvajal, the Mt. Carmel Football Booster Club, and Head Coach John Anderson for an informational Zoom Meeting about our upcoming Football season:
Topic: Sundevil Football 8th Grade Parent Meeting
Time: Jun 1, 2020 06:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 319 595 0591
2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR - TICKET TO PLAY/ATHLETIC CLEARANCE
- We are excited to announce that we'll be using a new electronic system for Ticket to Play athletic clearances for the new school year with an expected roll out by the end of May. Due to school closures, we will be extending the Ticket to Play deadline to mid-late summer. Please check back for more specific details coming soon.
- Sports physicals will still be a required component of the Ticket to Play for all 2020-21 student-athletes; these will not be waived for any athlete under any circumstance. With our May onsite Physicals Night being cancelled and the difficulty we know families may face in scheduling appointments to get these done, MCHS and PUSD are committed to providing a future onsite opportunity for our fall athletes to obtain a sports physical prior to the start of the season. Please check back for more information in the coming weeks.
VARSITY LETTERS/AWARDS FOR SPRING ATHLETES
- Letters will be given out to our Varsity athletes for spring season but will not be available to pick up until campus reopens. Please check back for updates.
CHEER TRYOUTS (2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR)
- Cheer tryouts are postponed until further notice.
MCAF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS
- Applications for the annual MCAF scholarships were emailed on April 20 to the parents/guardians of student-athletes who meet the scholarship eligibility requirements. If you did not receive this email and feel that you meet the following list of requirements, please email Emily Comstock at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application. To apply, a student-athlete must be a current Senior, hold a cumulative 3.75+ GPA (as of end of Tri 2), and have lettered in the same sport TWO or more years. (Student-athletes on Varsity Spring rosters this year will receive Varsity letters.) Applications are due no later than Wednesday, May 20; submission instructions are included on the application.
- If you are eligible for a MCAF Scholar Athlete patch or pin (earned a 3.75+ GPA and lettered in one or more Varsity sports in the 2018-2019 school year), please see Mrs. Comstock in Athletics (front office) to pick up when campus reopens.