Everything you need to know is in THE VAULT
Senior Letter and TIMELINE
12th grade College Readiness Checklist:
- Narrow down your "Colleges I'm Thinking About" List to "Colleges I'm Applying to" List on Naviance.
- Calculate your chances of being accepted; compare your student profile to those attending colleges of your choice on Naviance "Scattergrams" or www.collegedata.com
- Finalize Goals set last year on Naviance
- Update your Resume on Naviance
- Review "Career Interest Profiler" on Naviance
- Participate in extracurricular activities that match your interests (athletics, drama, choir, clubs, service etc.).
- Focus and enhance your community service, strive to be a positive standout, Intern.
- Take challenging courses and continue to work hard. This is another crucial academic year; keep up the hard work!
- Complete SAT/ACT by December at the latest (for CSU November is the latest!)
- Take Community College Placements Tests for early placement in Community (2year) Colleges
- Take ASVAB test for military OR just to see where your strengths lie.
- Create a “professional” email user name/account.
- When attending college visits in the Sun Center meet the speaker, this is often the same Admissions Counselor who will read your application.
Naviance College and Family Connection
NAVIANCE is a website designed to help students and parents plan for college. The most up to date list of college visits is posted on this website, as well as scholarship opportunities, and letter of recommendation info.
National Center for Education Statistics College Navigator http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator
This site provides great info on cost, financial aid offered