Mt. Carmel Athletics
Please check our "Athletic News" section below for important information. We are updating this regularly throughout the school closure to keep athletes and families informed. Coaches and Foundation representatives will also share pertinent information when available.
THE SUNDEVIL WAY
#1 - Engage in positive relationships between student-athletes, coaches, and parents.
#2 - Engage in experiences that allow for student-athletes to develop and
demonstrate leadership qualities/skills.
#3 - Engage in learning and skill development that supports all student-athletes in fulfilling their potential.
Each of our head coaches will lead their team of student-athletes, assistant coaches, and parents towards reaching these goals. As a start, each of our head coaches is in the process of creating a purpose statement to be shared with their team. As our coaches start to publish their statements, check back to our "Coaches" page to read why they coach!
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3109
Athletic Director's Letter
"I LEAD exhibiting work ethic, commitment, empathy, and integrity to promote education-based athletics as a human development experience by connecting young people with well supported adults who are motivated to have a positive impact on their athletes' lives."
Athletic Trainer, Diane Lawrance
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3154
"I am an athletic trainer to serve student-athletes both on and off the field, to motivate athletes to be proactive in regards to their overall health, and to demonstrate that through hard work, dedication, and perseverance they can overcome any obstacle."
AD's Assistant, Emily Comstock
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3110
FALL SEASON 2020 UPDATE (as of 7/20/20)
ALL sports have been postponed until January. CIF has modified the sports calendar this year and we will be offering TWO sport seasons with ALL sports scheduled into one of those 2 seasons. The first season will begin practice/tryouts in December (contests in January) while the 2nd season will begin in March. This situation is still somewhat fluid and the SDCIF will be posting specific dates which we will share ASAP. If you have specific sport questions please contact the coach of that sport (after September 1 if possible). Coaches currently do not have a lot of specific information and they/we will be formulating our plans over the next 6 weeks.
- Please complete your online Ticket-to-Play and arrange for a pre-participation physical prior to December 1 for ALL athletes.
VIRTUAL END-OF-YEAR BANQUET
- Since we didn't get to host the annual end-of-year Athletics banquet to honor our student-athletes, we hope you enjoy this "virtual banquet" featuring highlights from the 2019-20 school year. Please click here to view the video.
COVID-19 - ATHLETIC PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES & CDC INFORMATION
UPDATED!! 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR - TICKET TO PLAY/ATHLETIC CLEARANCE
- We welcome you to get a head start on your Ticket to Play/athletic clearance for the upcoming school year, required for any student planning to try out for a sport at Mt. Carmel. We are excited to be transitioning to an online system for Ticket to Play which will help us streamline the process and reduce paper. Click here for more information and instructions for online Ticket to Play.
- Based on updated season start dates, the Ticket to Play deadline for ALL athletes is Dec. 1, 2020. Please note that a hard copy of your student-athlete's completed and signed Physical and Medical History must be turned in, along with the DragonFly completion page, in order to be cleared for tryouts and participation. NO EXCEPTIONS!!! We will begin collecting paperwork once the office has officially reopened.
- Sports physicals are a required component of the Ticket to Play for all 2020-21 student-athletes and original, signed hard copies of Medical History and Sports Physical forms must be turned in prior to trying out or participating in MCHS Athletics. (All other Ticket to Play forms are now done online via DragonFly Max. Click here to learn more.) With current county-wide restrictions on large gatherings, we do not expect that we will be able to reschedule an onsite Physicals Night prior to fall tryout dates. If you are unable to get an appointment with your student's primary care physician, please refer to our list of area physicians that may be able assist.
- Please check back later for updates on when we will begin allowing paperwork dropoff. At this time, the office remains closed to the public.
VARSITY LETTERS/AWARDS FOR SPRING ATHLETES
- Seniors received their Varsity letters/pins and certificates for Spring sports during cap and gown pickup June 3-5. All other grade level Varsity athletes will receive their letters/pins for Spring sports once campus has reopened. Please check back for updates.
- If you are eligible for a MCAF Scholar Athlete patch or pin (earned a 3.75+ GPA and lettered in one or more Varsity sports in the 2018-2019 school year), please see Mrs. Comstock in Athletics (front office) to pick up when campus reopens.