Poway Home Education Program (PHEP)
Home School/ Home Schooling
The Poway Home Education / Independent Study Program is designed to assist parents who wish to home school their children who are in Kindergarten through Eighth Grade.
The Home School Program provides each parent with the appropriate curriculum and materials necessary to aid in the instructional process. The parent and student are required to meet with the teacher to review assigned work.
Please note that while the student is enrolled in the Home School Program, they are still enrolled in their school of record - because PUSD's home school is a program not a school.
- Curriculum (State Adopted/PUSD)
- Guidance from credentialed teachers
- Student Library
- Parent network for field studies/events
- Connection with school site for designated services (i.e., 5th Grade Band)
- Computer Lab
- Progress Reports
- Direct instruction by the parent
- Weekly contact with staff
- Parent/Student/Instructor conferences
- PHEP/PUSD curriculum must be used as the core curriculum
- Completed student work
- Minimum 5 days weekly instruction time (25 hours)
* To view the PHEP Power Point, please click here
**For answers to frequently asked questions, please click here PHEP-FQA
Parents are invited to call the TK-8 office at (858) 748-0802, Ext. 2095 to request additional information or to schedule a visit to our classroom for an orientation and curriculum preview. [NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME]
More questions about Home School?