DRESSING FOR SUCCESS AT MVMS
Dressing for Success applies to all school activities including field trips and dances.
Dressing for Success Guidelines:
- Clothing must be neat, clean, and fit properly.
- Clothing that advertises, promotes, or glamorizes drugs, alcohol, or tobacco products; displays foul or sexually suggestive language or symbols; denotes gang affiliation or is offensive; is not permitted.
- Clothing that is revealing, including tops that are strapless, see-through, low-cut, or expose the midriff, is not permitted. Tops must cover undergarments, chest, back, and midriff areas. Tops must have straps of at least 2 inches in width.
- Shorts and skirts should be long enough that they reach the tips of fingers when arms are extended and shoulders are relaxed.
- Pants and shorts must fit at the waist and not require a belt to be held up. Undergarments must not be exposed. Pajama bottoms are not allowed. “SAGGING” IS NOT ALLOWED.
- Only manufactured frayed edged on clothes are allowed. Long, dangling belts are not permitted.
- Wallet chains are not allowed at school.
- Jewelry, wallets, and accessories that, in the opinion of the staff, attract undue attention, pose a distraction or could pose a threat to the safety of others, are not permitted.
- Hats worn in classrooms are subject to individual teacher rules.
- No roller blades or roller shoes allowed.
In an effort to maintain the the belief that education is our primary purpose, the staff will address new fads that occur during the school year.
Consequences for dress code violations:
- 1st intervention: Sent to office; call parent; change clothes which may include PE clothes
- 2nd intervention: Sent to office; call parent; change into PE clothes; assigned a Character Counts lesson or other relevant consequence.
- 3rd intervention: Sent to office; call parent; change clothes; conference with parent and administrator.