Meadowbrook Middle School ASES
Before and After-School Activities
858-748-0802 x 2122
Terry Tu, ASES Site Supervisor firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Farace, ASES Lead email@example.com ASES Office: Room 122 Phone: 858-748-0802 ext. 2122
. The sports program does not include any “cuts.” Each season typically runs for six weeks. Practices are held M-Th 3:30-4:30
. We ask students to attend at least 75% of the practices to participate in the District events.
All students have a daily homework room in which they can work on their homework. The library is open until 5 if they need more time to finish their homework. Our goal is to have students go home with their homework completed without sacrificing their involvement in extracurricular activities.
Students who stay on campus after 2:30 must be involved in one of the scheduled activities or with a teacher or staff member. Students may not leave campus and then return unless accompanied by a parent/guardian.
What does your child’s time at the after-school program look like?
- The dismissal bell for school rings at 2:25. Students have 5 minutes to get to one of the activities. Students may not loiter around campus.
- Homework hour is 2:25-3:15.
- Snack Time is 3:15-3:25 A free, nutritious snack is served during this time.
- The second period of activities is 3:25-4:15
- The third period of activities is 4:15-5:00.
What can parents do to help us be successful?
- Report to Room 122 to check out your child. The staff member at the gate will radio for your child. You are always welcome to enter the campus to join your child or see what activity they have been doing.
- Please remind your child that scanning in and out is required every day. This is how we track attendance and it is vital that the most accurate attendance data is maintained.
- If someone other than yourself or one of the people you designated on the registration form will be picking up your child, please send in a signed note with the specific information. Your child gives it to a staff member. Email is also acceptable.
- Know your child’s friends! Sometimes a student does not come to our program but goes home after school with a friend and forgets to inform their parent. If you know the name(s) of their friend(s), we may be able to help you locate your child.
- If possible, send in an extra snack with your child. At this age, food is always on their mind! It seems like they just ate, are eating, or are thinking about what they will eat next!