AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination)
Ms. Leann Marshall, AVID Coordinator/ Math Teacher - email@example.com
When can students apply to join AVID?
At what grade can students join AVID?
- Incoming Freshman and Sophomores can join AVID. Incoming Juniors are accepted under special circumstances if there’s room.
What is the process for joining AVID?
- First, fill out the application COMPLETELY (see attachment) and submit either to your middle school AVID teacher or Leann Marshall either via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by dropping off the hardcopy application at RBHS's front desk. Mrs. Marshall's email is: email@example.com
- Next you will be scheduled for an interview with an AVID staff member either on your middle school campus or at RBHS. Interviews last about 10 minutes and are designed to get to know the student and their circumstances better. Please arrive on time for your interview.
- Once you are admitted to the RBHS AVID program, fill out the Program Change Request Form. (can we put a link to the form here?) In the Add box write: AVID 1-2 (freshman), AVID 3-4 (sophomores) or AVID 5-6 (juniors) and your choice of class in the Drop box. Submit the form via email or hardcopy to your counselor.
What if I apply to RBHS AVID but end up attending a different high school?
- The AVID application is the same for all High Schools in Poway Unified so there is no need to fill out another form. However, you will need to either email or turn in a hardcopy of your application to the AVID Coordinator at the high school you are attending and apply to their program.
- If you have been admitted to RBHS AVID, that admission transfers to any high school in PUSD as long as there is room in the AVID elective. Please communicate with the AVID Coordinator at the high school you are attending to let them know you have been admitted to our program but will not be attending RBHS.
- Please notify us via email or phone that you will not be attending RBHS so that we may make room in our elective for other students.