San Diego Police Department School Zone Traffic Laws Page 1
San Diego Police Department School Zone Traffic Laws Page 2
Parents are reminded to obey all parking lot guidelines to ensure safety in the parking lot for all students. The front parking lot is for staff parking only. All parents are to park on Turtleback Road if you leave your car.
For the first week or so of school, traffic around the neighborhood and in the parking lot can be a bit chaotic, but we have a system that works quite efficiently once everyone learns and follows the guidelines detailed below. Take note that on early release Fridays (1:00) and rainy days, traffic can be more congested, so please plan to arrive early so you aren’t flustered looking for a parking spot.
In order to keep everyone safe, we must insist that you follow the directional instructions of our Student Safety Patrol officers and staff members
Unattended vehicles parked in yellow zones will receive a parking citation. There is no parking allowed in the red zones at any time.
PARKING LOT ETIQUETTE
PARKING IN THE PARKING LOT
- Please drive slowly.
- Follow the Golden Rule with other drivers and staff members. Remember that you are not the only one in a hurry.
- Please do NOT get out of the car to assist or escort your child.
- Pull up close to the car in front of you.
- Please refrain from using cell phones while driving in the parking lot.
- Busses have priority. Please be cognizant of their presence and try to make their entrance and exit as easy as possible.
Thanks for your cooperation! Remember -- Courtesy is Contagious!
- Please do not park in the reserved spaces.
- Park in one of the parking spaces, not in the traffic flow area at any time of the day.
- If you park in the red zone or in the handicapped parking and leave your vehicle, you are likely to be ticketed by the San Diego Police Department or the Poway Sherriff's Department.