SUNSET HILLS TRAFFIC GUIDELINES
Please keep the safety of children at the front of your thoughts and actions when entering the parking lot.
Please turn off your cell phone and other distractions as you approach the school.
Please drive slowly.
At arrival and dismissal times, traffic is very congested at Sunset Hills. Parents are encouraged to carpool whenever possible.
Parents should drop off their children along the curb only.
- As you drop off your child in the morning, please follow the flow of traffic.
- Have your child on the right (passenger) side of the car with materials ready to go.
- Continue to move forward as far as possible before stopping to let your child out. Do not let them out of the car until you are in the yellow zone.
- Wait until you reach the sidewalk to drop off your child. For your child’s safety, do not drop your child off in the middle of the parking lot or anywhere on Oviedo Street.
- Please do NOT get out of your car to assist or escort your child.
- Buses have priority. Please be cognizant of their presence and try to make their entrance and exit as easy as possible.
If you are picking up your child at the end of the day, please follow the flow of traffic in the parking lot. Do not park in the aisle of the parking lot, get out to get your child, or expect him/her to cut through the parking lot on their own.
Do not leave any cars unattended in the drop off zone.
- While in your car, you need to stay in a single lane in front of the school.
- Please continue to move forward as far as possible before stopping for your child to get into the car.
- The teachers are on parking lot supervision. Thus, this is not a good time to converse with your child’s teacher.
- Please be patient.
Please allow cars that have been parked in the lot to merge with the flow of traffic.
Pedestrians, please only cross at designated crosswalks. Do not dodge in and out of the traffic flow to cross the parking lot. Please remain on the sidewalks and walk around to the front gates.
Please remain calm and composed as you navigate through the arrival and dismissal routine.
Follow the Golden Rule with other drivers and staff members. Remember that you are not the only one in a hurry.
PARKING IN THE PARKING LOT
- Please do not park in the reserved spaces.
- Park in one of the parking spaces, not in the traffic flow area at any time of the day.