Safety drop off- pick up
Please pick up and drop off students in the upper parking lot. When you drive into the upper lot it helps tremendously if you pull up all the way around to the front and let your child in/out at the curb. Do not let children out of the car in the middle of the lot unless you are parked and escorting them to the curb, and crossing with the attendant. Never leave your car unattended in the loading zone. If you need to enter the school campus for any reason, please park your car in a designated space in the lot or on the street. Please do not park in the red zones or illegally even if remaining inside your car.
The lower parking lot directly in front of the school is for buses and staff parking only. There are short term visitor spaces available directly in front of the office if you need to pick up a sick child during the day.
PARKING LOT ETIQUETTE
PARKING IN THE PARKING LOT
- Please drive slowly.
- Follow the Golden Rule with other drivers and staff members. Remember that you are not the only one in a hurry.
- Please do NOT get out of the car to assist or escort your child.
- Pull up close to the car in front of you.
- Please refrain from using cell phones while driving in the parking lot.
- Busses have priority. Please be cognizant of their presence and try to make their entrance and exit as easy as possible.
- Please do not park in the reserved spaces.
- Park in one of the parking spaces, not in the traffic flow area at any time of the day.
- If you park in the red zone or in the handicapped parking and leave your vehicle, you are likely to be ticketed by the Poway Sherriff's Department.
Students are not allowed on campus prior to 7:45 AM Playground supervision is provided from 8:00-8:15
AM each day allowing you to drop off your child any time during that 15-minute window (children eating breakfast will be allow to go at 7:45). If children arrive early they are to sit in ESS area until supervision begins on the playground at 8:00 AM. Breakfast is available in the cafeteria daily from 7:45-8:15 AM. If you must have your child at school prior to 7:45 AM please contact E.S.S. (Extended Student Services) at 679-8946 regarding our on campus before and after school childcare program.
Students must be picked up after school by 2:55 PM on M, T, Th, F, and by 1:15 PM on Wednesdays
unless in E.S.S. or a special after school class supervised by a teacher. If you are late to pick up your children and they are no longer waiting in the upper lot by the fence, please park your car in a designated space and come to the school office.
Thanks for your cooperation! Remember -- Courtesy is Contagious!
- Bicycle riding is allowed for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students. Permission slips are available in the office.
- Bicyclists are required to wear safety helmets.
- Bicycles are to be walked on school grounds. School grounds include, but are not limited to 9th. Street to the end of the parking lot.
- Bicycles need to be walked to designated area and locked to the bike racks prior to the start of school.
- Bicycle riders need to ride in a safe manner. Bicycle privileges will be revoked from anyone who is not riding safely to and from school.
- Skateboards, motorized scooters, roller blades and other shoes with wheels are not permitted as a means of traveling to or from school.
- Tennis shoes with wheels are not allowed on campus.