What Is the Student Council and What Do They Do?
The Student Council is comprised of elected officers and classroom representatives. They plan and organize student events such as dress-up days, special events, and community projects. We are always looking for ways to help the community and others. Below are items Student Council has purchased for the school with money earned:
- Marquis in front of school/ joint effort with PTA
- Table and shade on playground/ joint with PTA
- P.E./ playground equipment $1000.00 worth
- Games for rainy day recess
- $4000.00 sound system (used at Friday Flags, school events)
- Printer for the computer lab
- Donations to grade levels to help off set budget cuts
- Software for the computer lab
Student council also raises money for charity. Student Council fundsdonated $1000 to "Hats on for Cancer," a charity that helps children with cancer. $750 was raised from MCES families and the rest was donated by Student Council.