New Student Grades TK-5 Enrollment
New student enrollment for grades K-5 takes place at the MCES Office. Please download the proper District Enrollment Forms
. Call our office (858) 748-4334 for more information.
2016-17 Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten (TK) Enrollment
To enroll in Kindergarten:
To enroll in TK:
To Opt-in to TK:
- Student turns 5 years old between Sept. 2, 2016 and Dec. 2, 2016
- Students who turn 5 years old after December 2, 2016 are not eligible for enrollment in either TK or Kindergarten, no exceptions.
- See PUSD Website for latest up-to-date information.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO BRING FROM HOME AT TIME OF ENROLLMENT
- Student turns 5 years old between June 1, 2016 and Sept. 1, 2016
- Parents place name on Waitlist for TK via the PUSD Website
- Parents who sign up on the Waitlist will receive an e-mail confirmation
- Parents must still enroll in K during the regular enrollment period and let school site know that they are on the Waitlist for TK.
- Opt-in TK enrollment is on a first come, space available basis. Effort is made to provide enrollment in the TK at the student’s school of residence but if that is not possible, other sites with available spaces will be offered.
- District will make every effort possible to begin notifying parents of placement from the Waitlist in June but this may be impacted by enrollment at your site of residency. In some cases, families might not be notified until August.
- Completed enrollment packet which will be available online the first week of May.
- Bring your child’s birth certificate or passport (the original and a copy).
- Bring your child’s immunization card (the original and a copy). All immunizations need to be up to date.
- Two (2) separate forms of residency verification (original and a copy) (Examples: lease or rental agreement, utility bill, phone bill, deed or escrow papers, cable bill or bank statement that has your name and address on it.)
- Addresses, phone numbers of home and work for both parents and email addresses.
- Phone numbers for three local relatives or friends that will be allowed to pick your child up from school.
- Social Security Number
Some forms are in PDF format. You must have a PDF reader in order to view and/or print. You can download a free PDF Reader from Adobe.
PLAN AHEAD…Have immunizations completed.
All children enrolled in Kindergarten or Transitional Kindergarten MUST have had their 5 year immunizations, otherwise their enrollment will not be accepted, regardless of age. View vaccination information here.
Official immunization record must include:
• Name of Child
• Date of Birth
• Name of immunization administered
• Month and year of EACH immunization. Include day if obtained within birth month.
• Name of health care provider or agency administering EACH vaccine.
If you are taking your child to the doctor for their five year old physical and immunizations prior to enrollment, you may download the Report of Health Checkup for School Entrance MCH77 from the Poway Unified School District new student enrollment website
. The Oral Health Checkup Form is also available on the website.