Career Cruising is a user-friendly comprehensive college and career search website. Various tools on the site provide valuable information for all students from the person who doesn't know where to begin as well as the student who has some post-secondary plans in hand. Students can complete an interest inventory (Career Matchmaker), Search for colleges, universities and vocational programs based on their own criteria (School Selector), research careers including information on job descriptions, wages, future outlook and read interviews with professionals working in the field. They can find college majors, identify high school classes that relate to their career interests, find out more about their personal learning style and even build a resume of activities to assist them in completing college and job applications. All research, assessment results and information can be saved by students to an electronic portfolio that will assist counselors in making recommendations for internships, colleges, and other post-secondary planning options.
- Through self-discovery and collaboration with parents, teachers and school counselors, Naviance - Family Connection enables students to find college and career pathways that are right for them by:
- Setting personalized goals
- Learning about their skills and interests
- Exploring career options based on interests
- Searching for colleges
- Applying for scholarships
- Tracking their admissions status
Naviance Family Connection helps students plan a course of action to reach their goals, find resources to prepare academically, and discover their own path. Family Connection helps students and families connect what students do in the classroom to their life goals, including finding colleges and careers based on their personal skills and areas of interests.
Other Career Resources
- California Career Zone
- California Colleges
- CollegeBoard- College Search
- College Navigator
- Exploring College Majors
- Engineering Programs